Thursday, February 27, 2014

Outfit of the Week

Hey guys!
I have been a bit MIA this past week. I was pretty sick over the weekend and missed a day of work. I rested (slept!) as much as possible and didn't get much of anything accomplished. I am feeling much better today and so I shall bring you my *overdue* outfits of the week. We have gotten some cooler weather so I jumped on the opportunity to wear a few of the scarves in my collection. Each of these outfits features some of my favorites. 
I love this relaxed ensemble. This top is my absolute favorite shirt from Nordstrom Rack. The brand is Pleione I believe. I have it in a soft blue also. It is so comfortable, drapes eloquently and really flatters my figure. I really like toll tab sleeves on tops as well. I paired it with my charcoal grey NYDJ pants it found discounted on Zulily. This particular scarf is an infinity style, clay and mustard color with a flocking bird pattern. Layered over the olive green top it is very complimenting. The shoes are my slip resistant bow flats from Payless.
I don't pair neutral on neutral on neutral often but this combination is one I like. The pants are a grey-brown textured trouser from Gap. The beige v-neck sweater is from OldNavy and I really like it. Its very light, cable knit pattern (love!), has a bit of stretch and just feels great to wear. I went a scarf bender from Zulily and picked up this cream open knit infinity scarf in the same haul as the bird scarf. This one is a bit more substantial and is great for keeping warm. It has a frayed edge and and a waffle type of pattern. It's super soft too! I believe the shoes are my slip resistant pumps from Payless.
I like when there is monotone with a touch of color thrown in. Here I have a black and grey striped, short sleeve, light knit sweater from Ross with my dark grey trousers I bought at Nordstrom Rack. The sweater is light and the stripes are not too prominent. I combined it with my favorite geometric patterned infinity scarf that has hues of pink and green. I like the mix of pattern here as well as the colors. 

This week it was all about the scarves! I really wish Texas had a longer cold weather season but for now I enjoy every opportunity I find to wear sweaters, scarves, and boots. 

I hope you all had a great weekend!
I am going to be honest here... my new camera is pretty daunting! Not for photos, but I've never made videos! I feel like I have been procrastinating on that subject for far too long. It's time I jump in and film something! 
Do you have any ideas or thoughts on what I should do? 
I have a few hauls I could film.
Any suggestions are kindly welcome!

Thanks for reading!
Til next time,
Trish


4 comments:

  1. Heya, I love your blog so I'm nominating you for the Liebster Award. Sorry if you've already done it, if not here are the deets...
    http://kimamely.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/the-liebster-award.html
    Loves!
    Kimamely Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your first outfit! Your hair also looks very pretty

    X Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award nomination! I'll be sure to post my responses and questions soon! I appreciate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are feeling better! The scarves are nice indeed. I think the last one was my favourite, although I have to say the middle picture did give it a run for its money.

    Check out my post about why life is AMAZING: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/03/life-is-amazing.html?showComment=1394326229415

    ReplyDelete